Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!

Time is racing, especially in the IT industry. 2011 was what it was, there were a lot of innovation but the overall economic environment wasn’t that great. Here are my predictions for 2012.

My first prediction is that the m9 will finally have a repeater that you can buy. Seems like the repeater had to go more than just the whole 9 nine yards and there are still eleven months to go in 2012. My hope is that it would not take so long.

My other prediction is that IPv6 will become a topic for VoIP. IPv6 had to go probably a hundred yards and back and forward and back again. But the pressure to move leave IPv4 behind is getting so big that people don’t have a choice any more. Check out http://ipv6.he.net/statistics, they have made some neat applications that show you the current picture. Hopefully people will realize that the m9 had IPv6 from day one and it is a great toy to try VoIP over IPv6.

Any my third prediction is that Microsoft Lync will take off on voice. I don’t know how many yards it did go, but for sure it was also a lot. When we started using it a couple of years ago (then known as LCS and OCS), there were many features missing to the degree of not being usable. Today, it is a different picture and people are realizing it. Certified or not, I am using my m9 on Lync every day and I am a happy user. Maybe the m9 even gets certified or tested or whatever the right description for that is. I am sure there are potentially more out there, and amid some dark projections for the business in 2012, I am sure that 2012 will be a good year for Lync and also for the snom m9.

I wish you all a happy new year 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment